Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anime Kaigi 2011

With Anime Kaigi fast approaching (okay it's in July, give me a break) and me doing Artist Alley stuff, I felt it was time I got some stock ready.

Along with prints and buttons that will be improved and finalized in designs as soon as I get my hands on Photoshop, I'm going to have an array of products. First on my list to complete is fleece hats. I thought of using felt but decided that while somewhat cheaper than fleece (or so I noticed at my local Joann's), it wasn't a good material to make durable, or even wearable hats. With that in mind I looked online to find Joann's is having an awesome sale on fleece- 50% off- and I headed over with Brit to stock up.

With two yards of green (for Gir), two yards of yellow along with 1/4 yard of red (for Pikachu), thread, needles, supplies for Brit, and a savings of $35, I now am on my way to making my wonderful hats. I do have to wait to get my sewing machine back from my sister but in the meantime Hala is graciously helping me out.

For those interested, I am using this pattern:

This pattern:

And this tutorial:

I'll update with images on how it's going

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This isn't my real name by the way. My friend and I are planning on getting a table at Artists Alley at anime kaigi too! Our first choice is the table right next to you! I have a question for you, Do you have a button making machine? I am too young to afford to buy one myself,but because it is my first con, I think that I really want to sell buttons and stuff like that. In no way should you feel obligated to say yes, but if I bought my own supplies and paid you would you let us use your machine? You don't have to, it was just an idea. Soo anyway thanks and reply if you want to. hehe I guess that I might be asking to soon because I don't even know if I got that table yet. (btw my deviantart account is penguinphoebe, if you know what deviantart is.)

    ReplyDelete